Thursday, May 22, 2008

Alice in Chains Dirt review

Probably one of the best albums I've ever purchased. This album pretty much launched the "big paychecks for Alice In Chains. I've listened to this album a lot and now I have my opinions together. First off, Jerry Cantrell did some ammazing guitar work on this album. He is about as grunge as it gets. Songs like Them Bones and Down In A Hole show you how powerful his guitar work is. They used some pretty cool techniques in their song construction. The songs that were really slow had some haunting and powerful verses, then just bursted into a heavy chorus, and the songs that were really powerful and punchy at first had some mellow parts to it

Love this album. If your really into the Seattle grunge movement and you listen to: Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, etc. I really think you oughta look into Alice In Chains' Dirt. To me it defines grunge music and I think it will always go down as one of the best grunge albums ever recorded

No comments: