Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Creative writing

The crowd roared, voices boomed sending shock waves through me like a knife through butter. i relaxed out of sight from the spectators hoping for sometime to settle myself before the jump but it made no difference my nerves still raged inside me making me feel terrible i heard my voice thunder through the speakers surrounding the audience and i new it was time... i came in view of the crowd once more there cheers intensifying in earsplitting shrieks of excitement which definitely didn't help my nerves i looked along the grey concrete beneath me leading to jump it looked cold dark and unforgiving and i new it was gonna win in a head on collision so that wasn't an option. i had been preparing for this moment for almost two years now, two years of practice practice practice but that didn't count for anything unless i made it today. thats what i kept telling myself as i rode...
I dont remember much after that its a bit of a blur but i do remember the pain.

No comments: